Adult dating western nc
In addition to the Henderson County Courthouse, Historic Johnson Farm, Main Street Historic District, Oakdale Cemetery, and Seventh Avenue Depot District, the Aloah Hotel, The Cedars, Chewning House, Clarke-Hobbs-Davidson House, Cold Spring Park Historic District, Mary Mills Coxe House, Druid Hills Historic District, Grey Hosiery Mill, Hyman Heights-Mount Royal Historic District, Kanuga Lake Historic District, King-Waldrop House, Lenox Park Historic District, Reese House, Clough H.Rice House, Smith-Williams-Durham Boarding House, Erle Stillwell House, Erle Stillwell House II, The Waverly, and West Side Historic District are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.Its architecture reflects the late 19th and early 20th centuries. High schools in the city include West Henderson High School, Hendersonville High School, North Henderson High School, and East Henderson High School.Much downtown revitalization has occurred since the early 1990s. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 6.0 square miles (16 km of 2000, there were 13,137 people across 5,920 households in the city.Dating to shortly after the founding of Henderson County in 1838, Hendersonville is traditionally known as "The City of Four Seasons". The largest street festival of the Hendersonville calendar is the annual North Carolina Apple Festival, culminating in the Apple Parade that regularly draws up to 50,000 spectators.The town has a well-preserved Main Street and adjoining downtown areas with many restaurants, antique shops and boutiques in buildings that housed key local business until the mid-1980s. Main Street is home to other festivals and special activities throughout the year.After many successful years at the theatre in the barn, HLT moved to an old stone church at 220 S.
It sits in the heart of the Main Street Historic District. To the east of Main Street is the 1902-16 Hendersonville Rail Road Station, at 7th Avenue and Maple Street in the Seventh Avenue Depot District. It includes the Italian marble angel statue that served as the inspiration for Thomas Wolfe's first novel, Look Homeward, Angel (1929).Larger stores are almost entirely along the commercial strips extending outward from the downtown along U. The population density was 2,189.5 people per square mile (853.0/km²). The city is also home to the newly restored City Hall (erected 1924) and the modern Henderson County Courthouse (1995).40.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 22.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.The average household size was 2.10 and the average family size was 2.80. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 76.6 males.